We know that room parties are an integral part of the convention experience for some members. This year we have made arrangements with the hotel to have two floors dedicated for room parties. We want you to have fun, but also be safe!
Reserving a Room Party and Rules:
- Organization/Party name
- Real name(s) of individual(s) responsible for the party (hereafter known as Party Organizers)
- Hotel reservation number which must be in the name of at least one Party Organizer.
- Smoking, non-smoking room or no preference .
- Party type (public or invitation-only)
- Day of party (Friday or Saturday)
- King or Double Beds or no preference
Room parties requesters will receive a response via email once space is assessed and their request has been approved. There are only a limited number of rooms available and all requests are on a first-come, first-serve basis. While we cannot guarantee smoking or non-smoking and King or Double beds, we will make every effort possible to accommodate requests.
- There is no extra charge or fee for a party room assessed by MidSouthCon. The hotel is reserving the right to charge a $250 damage fee to the credit card the reservation was secured with in the event excessive cleanup or damage/repair to the room is required. The fee will only be assessed if needed and is not required to reserve a party room. This charge is entirely at the hotel’s discretion and any disputes must be taken up with the hotel.
- No alcoholic drinks in any convention space. All parties must be contained in the room - no loitering/loud noise or music in the hallways.
- MidSouthCon takes underage drinking very seriously. If any room party is found to be knowingly serving alcohol to minors the membership badge of the minor and all Party Organizers will be revoked and the hotel security informed.
- A member of Convention Security will be posted on each floor - they are there for your help and protection. If you encounter a situation you need assistance with such as an unruly or uncooperative guest, do not hesitate to request their help.
- Be aware of all local, state and federal laws regarding in-room functions.
While MidSouthCon has arranged specific locations for room parties with the hotel to help make the stay of partygoers and non-partygoers alike more enjoyable, we cannot dictate what goes on in guest rooms. However, we do request that common sense be used and to please understand that it is ultimately up to the hotel whether or not a room party is allowed to continue. If you have any questions or concerns, please send them to and we will be happy to address them. We look forward to seeing you at MidSouthCon 30!